The 2017 Scholarship winner has been announced. See the story »
Bay Cities Chapter Pilot Scholarship
Each year, BC99s offers a $1250 training scholarship to a woman pilot working on her initial flight rating.
Purpose: The Bay Cities chapter of the Ninety-Nines is proud to announce our scholarship to provide funding toward pilot training, materials, ground school, or exams. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide a little extra monetary assistance to a woman working on her initial flight rating (Private or Sport).
- Any female student pilot residing within 99 nautical miles of the Oakland Airport.
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
- Applicant must be eligible for a private pilot or sport pilot license within the USA.
- Applicant must hold a current medical certificate and student pilot certificate.
- Applicant does not need to be a member of the 99s.
Please check back in January for info and forms for our 2018 scholarship.
- This scholarship is for items such as books, headsets, exams, check rides, etc.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in a phone interview with the scholarship committee.
- Funds must be claimed within one year of the date the scholarship is awarded. Original receipts will be required for reimbursement and must be signed by both the scholarship winner and a CFI. Alternatively a single sum can be sent directly to the flight training facility of choice.