Bay Cities Chapter of the 99s – 2018 Scholarship
The Bay Cities chapter of the Ninety-Nines is proud to announce our 2018 scholarship to provide funding toward pilot training, materials, ground school or exams. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide extra monetary assistance to a woman working on her initial flight training (Private or Sport).
- Any female student pilot residing within 99 nautical miles of the Oakland Airport (OAK)
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age
- Applicant must be eligible for a private pilot or sport pilot license within the USA
- Applicant must hold a current medical certificate and student pilot certificate
- Applicant must have logged five hours of flight time with a flight instructor
Applicant does not need to be a member of the 99s
To apply, submit the following documents:
- A completed copy of the ‘Application Cover Sheet’
- A one-page letter introducing yourself and your aviation goals. Include information on your financial need, community involvement, and aviation involvement
- A completed copy of the ‘Budget Statement’
- A one-page letter of recommendation, preferably from a CFI or other aviation professional
- A copy of your medical certificate
- A copy of your student pilot certificate
- A copy of the last two pages of your log book
All documents must be combined into a single .pdf file. You can print the form, fill it out and then use the free Genius Scan app (download to your smartphone).
Email the .pdf file, clearly identified, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must be received electronically no later than midnight on March 18, 2018.
URL for Application Below: Copy and paste in new browser tab
- This scholarship is for reimbursement of flight training supplies and expenses incurred after the date the scholarship was awarded.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in a phone interview with the scholarship committee.
- Funds must be claimed within one year of the date the scholarship is awarded. Original receipts will be required for reimbursement and must be signed by both the scholarship winner and a CFI.
The scholarship committee will notify the winning candidate, and all candidates who did not qualify, by April 15, 2018.