Bay Cities 99s
Pilot Training Scholarship
Thank you for your interest. See below for the application deadline and requirements.
The Bay Cities chapter of the Ninety-Nines is proud to announce our scholarship to provide funding toward pilot training, materials, ground school, or exams. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide extra monetary assistance to a woman working on her initial flight rating (Private or Sport).
- The application will be available online by March 1 each year.
- The application deadline will be midnight on the second Sunday of April.
- Our decision will be made and all applicants notified no later than the second Sunday in May.
- Any female student pilot residing within 125 nautical miles of the Oakland Airport (OAK)
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age
- Applicant must be eligible for a private pilot or sport pilot license within the USA
- Applicant must hold a current medical certificate and student pilot certificate
- Applicant must have logged five hours of flight time with a flight instructor
- Applicant does not need to be a member of the 99s
Applicant does not need to be a member of the 99s
To apply, submit the following documents:
- A completed copy of the ‘Application Cover Sheet’
- A one-page letter introducing yourself and your aviation goals. Include information on your financial
need, community involvement, and aviation involvement
- A completed copy of the ‘Budget Statement’
- A one-page letter of recommendation, preferably from a CFI or other aviation professional
- A copy of your medical certificate
- A copy of your student pilot certificate
- A copy of the last two pages of your log book
All documents must be combined into a single .pdf file. One way to do this is by using ‘Genius Scan’, a free app you can download onto a smartphone.
Email the .pdf file, with your name and “2020 scholarship application” in the subject line, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind that your application is a reflection of you. Neatness, following directions, and
application presentation matters.
Link coming soon for a downloadable application.
- This scholarship is for reimbursement of flight training supplies and expenses incurred after the date the scholarship was awarded.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in a phone interview with the scholarship committee.
- Funds must be claimed within one year of the date the scholarship is awarded. Original receipts will be required for reimbursement and must be signed by both the scholarship winner and a CFI.
- The scholarship committee will notify the winning applicant and all other applicants the second Sunday in May.